Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Stash from the Quilt Show

Ahhh, it's always fun to rest up after a big show and go through your new stash!

The first thing I bought was these two beautiful Broderi Perse fabrics...one has the BP, the other coordinates! It made me think of my Australian blogging friends... They do love the BP technique. I may have to make another as it' seen a while since I did this technique.

These are my new books! One has lovely ols quilts for inspiration. The next is an instructional book about rug hooking...which I WILL make time for one of these days! And the last is a new book from Paper Pieces. Those ladies sure know how to have a good time! They are so full of energy!

This is a few of the new fat quarters I found. Why is it I always feel the need to have MORE when what I have won't fit in my cabinet as it is!?! I will need to do some more rearranging soon!

This is from the shop that comes every year and brings the fabric samples. It is such fun to stand around the table every morning and root through the big pile! We are all smushed around the table digging like crazy ladies, passing across to someone who is looking for something we found! It's great fun!

This sample will be perfect for my middle daughter's first apartment! Her colors are taupe, black, eggplant and white. An eclectic mix is what she's going for and this will fit right in! There is enough for a wall hanging as well as several dresser toppers and small pieces for her bed side table.

And here's the loot from the last day...a book showing the wonderful miniature exhibit at the AQS show and a few new wire hangers, along with some beautiful yarn. Yarn?!? I a not a knitter, but we do have a loom, so I will get to making a new scarf this winter. Wish me luck! Oh, and there are some tiny buttons in that pile too!

My bags are packed again for a trip to SD this weekend! I'm so excited to have the honor to teach in my old stomping grounds at the Stately Stitchers Guild Weekend Retreat! I have learned so much from some of these ladies, back when I was a new quilter. I look forward to hugging some necks of good friends that I have not seen for many years! I also look forward to meeting some new friends as well...these folks from South Dakota are very special people. So generous and good! Below is a shot of some older quilts I'll be taking for the trunk show. I sure hope everything fits in the car!

Thanks so much for following the new blog. I appreciate each and every one of you! I'll be posting a few more posts to send people from the old blog to this one, so thanks for your patience with that! Have a great weekend and I'll post some pics of the big event in SD next week!

Take care,

Missie

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow - you did a fine job shopping! I don't remember seeing some of those treasures! That's a nice stack of quilts that you are taking with you to SD! Have a great trip, it will be a blast to see some old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had fun shopping and got some wonderful books and fabrics to play with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful additions to the stash!! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some real treasures while shopping at the show, Missie! Love the fabrics for your DD first apartment... they say "FUN!" Safe travels to South Dakota... have a wonderful time with old and new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loot!! LOL Where in SD? I spent September visiting family there! What a small world! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the virtual shopping tour and as one of your Aussie friends I am looking forward to seeing what you do with those lovely BP fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missie - so glad you were able to teach at our retreat! I learned a ton and feel like I have a new friend! Hope you are back our way soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thrill to have you back in Pierre again, Missie! I learned so many new things in your workshop on EPP! Thanks for making the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Missie for such a fun weekend of EPP! Think I'm hooked!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty stack of quilts.
    Very nice things to add to your stash. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete