Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Busy Days

I know it seems like I have fallen off the planet, but I am still here plugging away at my little business. As I take a few moments this morning with my coffee and iPad, this is my view from my recliner.

It's been a big tan wall for quite a while as I've been vending and taken all my favorites to a few trunk shows and lectures. I'm retiring this pattern from my booth, so will get to enjoy Charmed Beginnings on my wall for a while! When I finish new designs something has to give in my booth, so I'll start retiring the older quilts to a warm and cozy spot in my home. You can still purchase this pattern from Blackberry Primitives if you are interested. They asked me to design a quilt using their wools and it was a great experience. This is the cotton version I made for displaying in my booth. It has a smidge of wool but is mostly cotton. The 100% wool Applique version is shown below the cotton quilt.


This quilt celebrates the colors and qualities of new spring which is happening right now around here. It's amazing to wake to freezing temps one week and suddenly the next week we wake to birds singing and trees bursting with buds and blooms. My iris are shooting up inches every day and soon they will be bursting with blooms as well!

This blooming tree looks a bit small in this photo, but it is good sized and we are so happy to enjoy the blooms this year. Many years it will be hit with the last frost of the winter season and the blooms are taken before we can enjoy them. Soon, they will be blowing away in the wind, so we enjoy an evening drink on the porch to enjoy the beauty that spring brings.

My days have been spent preparing for Quilt Market, making sure I have enough patterns on hand. The pile below does not look very organized, but it is very organized in the placement of which patterns will be packaged for Sample Spree and which will be placed in the booth as we set up. There is a method to my madness! And believe me, this is a neat pile compared to a few days ago! Haha! That means I am making headway and will be ready sooner than later! I am ready to be finished so I can get back to sewing something new!

While unpacking my vending goodies, I decided to display these punched rugs on my wall in the office so I could enjoy them for a while also. It's showing me that soon the mess you see above will be packed up and I can have a nice clean space again! Those patterns above have been taking over the house the last few weeks!

Today I'll be stamping the Punchneedle Designs on the weaver's cloth, so I'll be able to finish up the pattern prep today. If you are headed to Quilt Market in Minneapolis, please look me up! I will be in booth 140 right next to the food court doing my demo on basting English Paper Piecing with Starch.

I'd like to put out a call for comments on my Starch Brush. If you've used it could you please email me at missie@traditionalprimitives (dot) com and let me know how you like it? I would like to print some comments for testimonials to post in my booth. Same request for those of you who have gotten a start on The Gardens Of A King? Since this is a new technique I would like the store owners to see how much people love this method for preparing English Paper Piecing. I won't print your email addresses or violate your privacy in any way of course! Be sure to email me as I can not print comments from the posts below.

One more shout out for a new magazine being published very soon. It's called Punch Needle and Primitive Stitchery Magazine and I'll have a new project in the premier issue! Be sure to get subscribed if you are a lover of primitive stitching and Punchneedle! Click HERE to get to the website and subscribe. This magazine will be a great addition to your current subscription of Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine! It's so wonderful to see Punchneedle making a comeback. I am on a mission to get it exposed to as many people as possible to keep the beautiful and simple art alive and well!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I promise it won't be too much longer and I will get back to posts about stitching! I can't wait to get at it again...my fingers are itchin' to get stitchin'!

Take care,

Missie

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely wall quilt you've made! I STILL haven't done amy wool works--hopefully soon...love your posts, hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful time at Market and sell everything. The new magazine sounds exciting and I will look for it. I hope you don't get too worn out from market and prep, what a stressful time. I am confident you will be amazing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet it feels good to be able to have that beautiful quilt hanging in your home now.
    That flowering tree in your yard is stunning!
    Congrats on a design in the new magazine, Missie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your feet ever touch the ground? You are such a busy person. I'll bet the neighbours often wonder who is the stranger going in and out of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at market.
    I might have to subscribe to that magazine. Off to check the link.

    ReplyDelete